Breeds of breeders were bred in Russia. They are distinguished by high productive qualities. Bred them not only on small, private farms, but also on large poultry farms. This is one of the few domestic crosses that are common not only in Russia, but also in Europe and America.
The history of the breed
Blagovarskaya duck is a cross, obtained by Bashkir breeders in 1998. Thanks to their hard work, the cross has high productive qualities. Ducks do not consume a lot of food, but grow quickly, in addition, they are viable and quickly adapt to new conditions of life.
The body of a duck is strong, looks like a typical broiler
To create a new cross taken known breeds of ducks. White Peking duck is the main species used in breeding. It was from her that the Cherry Valley Cross was received, and the X-11 Cross went from him. The genetic material X-11 was taken to create the Medeo cross, and the Blagovarskaya duck originated from this species.
When crossing, two pedigree lines were used - the paternal Blagovarka-1 (B-1) and the maternal Blagovarka-2 (B-2). It was from them that a new cross was obtained, which in its productive qualities in many ways surpasses the parental qualities and many famous duck breeds.Interesting! On the basis of a bovard duck, some new crosses, namely Agidel-345 and Agidel-34, have already been received. They, like the deer, have high productive characteristics and are known abroad.
Despite the fact that a new species has already been created, selection work is underway today. Breeders are trying to translate this cross into the category of breeds, so that the birds do not lose their qualities and have a stable genotype.
The head is large, with a bright orange beak.
Breed description Blagovarskaya duckRead also these articles.
- Potato variety Sineglazka
- Variety of pears Northerner
- Planting and care for sorrel
- Why do not rush quails
Cross is a heavy meat type with good egg-like qualities. Build strong. The birds look like a typical broiler. The body is elongated and voluminous. The chest is well developed, rounded. Pink or orange legs are short, widely set. The neck is flexible, beautiful, usually in an extended position, the length is average. The head is large, with a bright orange beak. The color is snow-white, monophonic. The feather is soft, dense, very beautiful.Important! The brightness of the duck's beak and paws speaks about its health and egg production. If the bird has a dull color of the beak or legs, this may be the cause of the hidden disease. At the same time, the lighter the color of the paws and beak, the duck gives more eggs.
The color is snow-white, monophonic, feather soft, dense, very beautiful
The nature of the birds is calm, docile. Birds of this species can live with other poultry. They are good-natured, not shy, but love to walk.
Characteristics of the Blagovarsky duck
Blagovarsky ducks are distinguished by high productive qualities. In addition, they are characterized by many positive features, for which they are valued by breeders.
- Adult drake (8 months) weighs 4–4.5 kg, and females weigh 3.5–4 kg.
- Individuals grow rapidly. Six-week ducklings weigh already 3 kg.
- The output of the carcass after slaughter is 67.6%. The carcass of the presentation, the skin is beautiful, without abnormal spots. The meat is tasty, juicy, it has up to 35% fat.
The carcass of the presentation, the skin is beautiful, without abnormal spots
- Per 1 kg of weight gain consumes 2.72 feed units, and per egg - 3.5 feed units.
- Egg production per duck for 9 months (laying period) - 200-245 eggs. Eggs they give white, weighing 90-95 g.
- The high egg production of females is observed up to 5 years of age. In total, the bird can live for about 20 years.
- Fertilized eggs with the right content - 98%.
- The safety of the young - 81-83%.
Maintenance and careWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Plum variety Renklod
- Application of copper sulfate
- Title - Flower Gardenia
- Leghorn Chickens
Blagovarskaya duck pleases breeders with ease of care and maintenance.
Egg production for 9 months - 200-245 eggs, white eggs, weighing 90-95 g
- Contain the bird most often outdoor in spacious poultry houses. Indoors ventilation, lighting, duck nests and sleeping roosts. Also inside there is a place for food, water with drinkers and feeders.
- In the case of mass breeding, you can keep the birds in cages arranged in tiers, however, the productivity in this case may decrease.
- If in the winter outside there are very low temperatures, it is better to equip the heating in the room, as a simple warming of a duckling can be insufficient. Indoors in the winter should be about +10 degrees Celsius, but better than +15, then the birds will rush and the health problems of birds will not arise.
- When the floor is kept on a mandatory basis, a 15 cm layer of litter is made. This can be peat, sawdust, hay or straw, the main thing is that there should not be small particles in the selected material that will be stuffed into the ducks in the sinuses. And in order to not be wet in the room and to disinfect the floor, it is necessary to lay crushed limestone before bedding.
Ducks of Blagovarskaya breed love to walk and swimInteresting! Individuals of this cross-country breed are often bred as decorative birds, because they are distinguished by good character and grace. And during the molt, they quickly change the feathers, so that the appearance practically does not change at this time.
- Nests are made warm and soft, so that the eggs do not beat, and so that the birds are comfortable in them. It is advisable to make a secluded corner for the nests, in a remote part of the house, then nothing will disturb the hens.
- Walking is done on a mandatory basis. The breeders of a bovine breed love to walk and swim, so they need to provide a place for walking. Per square meter of free space should be no more than 3 birds. A container with water and a canopy is installed on the street so that the birds hide from the weather. It is advisable to protect the high fence.
Features breeding cross
Brewer bred ducks are grown primarily for the production of delicious meat. Birds multiply rapidly, and juveniles grow well. It is possible to breed young growth by a natural method or by means of an incubator. Puberty individuals reach 26 weeks. Incubation eggs should preferably be collected from birds that are already one year old. They get a more viable young. To receive fertilized eggs, it is necessary to organize a duckling properly - there should be about 4 females per drake.Interesting! Female fertilized eggs can produce up to 5 years.
After the appearance of ducklings into the world, it is necessary to provide them with proper care.
The incubation period from egg laying to hatching of young stock is 28 days. After the appearance of ducklings into the world, it is necessary to provide them with proper care. For a start they are put in a brooder. Broder bedding is made of paper - it does not have small particles and at the same time is quite soft.
In the first week, the light does not turn off at all and only from 8th day the light turns off for the first time for 1 hour. Then gradually reduce the light day every day for 30-60 minutes. The temperature in the brooder should be in the first 4 days + 33 ... +35 degrees, for 5-10 days + 28 ... +33 degrees, and from 11 days within + 22 ... +28 degrees. On the 18th day of life, the young must live at the same temperature as the adults.
Normal humidity is 65-75%. When the young growth will grow up a little (2 weeks) and will actively walk, run, you can begin to let the birds go for walks with adult ducks or separately. Most of the juveniles are slaughtered from 7 to 14 weeks.
Feeding the Blower Ducks
By the month of ducklings should already eat wet mash and dry cereal mixtures or feed
Cross is economical in terms of feeding. Many birds do not eat, and if they are also provided with regular walking, the feed consumption will be reduced by 1.5 times! The diet must be observed from an early age, then the ducks will not get sick, they will be able to develop normally and have high productivity over time.
- In the first 3 days after birth, sliced, boiled eggs are given to ducklings. They should be boiled hard-boiled so that the ground mass is crumbly.
- From 4 days cottage cheese, ground meat trimming or minced meat, cut greens (nettle, boiled water, onion, clover), chalk are included in the ration.
- From the 10th day of life, boiled potatoes (chopped), steamed grain, milk (yogurt), and yeast also begin to enter the food. For normalization of digestion, fine gravel or river sand should be given separately.
- When the young begin to actively walk, worms, bugs, greens from the street, and duckweed appear in the diet.
- By the month of life the ducklings should already eat wet mashes and dry cereal mixtures or mixed fodder. The diet should contain greens, roots, vegetables, fruits, duckweed, grains, minerals and vitamins in the right quantity.
The character of the Blagovarsky duck is calm, docile, easy to get along with other poultryInteresting! So that the ducks do not scatter food, and do not get trash in it, feeders with a high rim are purchased.
Until the first month of life, ducklings are fed 7-8 times a day, and then transferred to 4 meals a day. If adult birds walk in the afternoon and evening, then you can feed them 2-3 times a day. If the bird goes to feed, there should always be food in the feeder. For hens and productive drakes a different diet is made. They should not overeat or lose weight. They are fed in the normal mode - just to eat. A regular physical form will help them daily walks.
Reviews about duck breed Blagovarskaya
Blagovarskaya duck is a famous cross, which is in great demand among breeders. The bird is easily grown and not capricious in nutrition, content.
- Anzhela Sovkova: "The bovine duck was bred last year. The birds are good, not nervous, they behave normally. It looks rather large. However, during the winter we let the flock go to slaughter and, honestly, the carcass after plucking was not as big as we hoped. "2.3-2.5 kg. This is not small, but it could have been more. This year I will try Pekinok, and then I will compare and decide which ones to breed constantly."
- Stepan Ershov: “For more than 3 years we have been breeding brewing ducks with the wife and are very pleased with them. The birds are beautiful, they just walk around the yard. They made a small pond for them, landed there, but they often do not swim there, they study everything around. We get youngsters naturally - we plant the female on a laying. Birds sit on eggs well and even take care of them (tested by experience), but in order to increase their survival, we usually donate ducklings to a brooder. not".
- Ksenia Gorshkova: “I love to breed ducks for their delicious meat, and therefore the bosom breed is one of my favorites. The meat is tasty, but if fed the wrong way, it will be very fat. I feed my birds exclusively with greens and grain. The young grow quickly, problems with birds No. The only difficulty I faced is that they need a warmed mat, otherwise they start to get sick in winter and they don’t rush at all. "