In order for eggplant seedlings to develop well and quickly, it must be fertilized several times before it is transplanted into the open ground. Feeding eggplant seedlings is also necessary when the sprouts start to hurt with something. About when, how, and how to feed seedlings eggplant will be discussed in the article.
When should fertilizer be applied?
Top dressing during the first picking
During the cultivation of seedlings eggplant need only two times to feed. This is a mandatory procedure, the neglect of which can significantly reduce the yield of the plant.
The first feeding of seedlings of eggplants is carried out after diving sprouts into separate cups or after the plant has gained strength in a new pot.
The second feeding eggplant is carried out about 7-10 days before planting in open ground. For plants like transplant such a great stress. For rooting in a new land, he will need a developed root system. It is important to remember that in the open ground a different amount of nutrients, the air temperature is different, as well as humidity. A top dressing before transplanting will make sprouts more resistant.
Additional feeding may be required from time to time. So, for example, some gardeners already treat small shoots with fertilizers from pests or diseases. It is necessary to feed and with a lack of nutrients, but this will be discussed later.
What feed use?Read also these articles.
- Grape Variety Transfiguration
- Flower Spathiphyllum (Female happiness)
- Saphira pear-shaped pear variety
- Long-awaited grape variety
The second feeding eggplant seedlings
The type of feeding depends on what it seeks. During the first picking or after it, when the plant becomes stronger, it is worth using stimulating substances. To do this, the ground under the plant is watered with a solution of one of the following substances: "Zircon", "Epin" or Kornevin ".
The first acts in a complex for the development of roots, greenery and soil disinfection. The second is something like ginseng for a person, it is tonic, makes sprouts less susceptible to stress, frost, drought, stimulates root growth. The third at times increases the growth of the root system. A good alternative may be fertilizer "Lux", "Kemira", "Foskamid". You can make your own mixture of 45 g of superphosphate, 20 g of potassium sulfate and 10 grams of ammonium nitrate.
The second feeding of seedlings of eggplants 7-10 days before transplantation into open ground, is aimed at the active development of the root system. To do this, you can pour the land under the sprouts of “Kemira Lux”, “Kristalon”, “Kornevin” or make a mixture of 35 g of superphosphate and 15 g of potassium salt per 5 liters of water. In addition to mineral fertilizers, the second feeding can be carried out by means of organic substances. To do this, 1:10 divorced bird droppings or mullein with water. You can also, as an alternative to make a natural and beloved "Gumat potassium", it will increase the resistance of plants to the plant and enhance the growth of the roots.
Make all of the above dressing you need only at the root. Not a drop should fall on the leaves, as the plant is still fragile. If it is necessary to conduct foliar feeding, the concentration of the substance should be very low.
How to determine the lack of trace elements?
Extra root dressing eggplant seedlings
Very often, eggplant seedlings lack some of these trace elements. In this case, in order the plant does not wither, it is necessary to use additional top dressing of the soil.
- Fading leaves and their lack of evidence of a lack of nitrogen. In this case, you need to spray the plant with a solution of chicken manure at a concentration of 1:20.
- Blue-violet plaque indicates a lack of phosphorus. As a rule, it is poorly absorbed if the soil is cold or indoors is very damp. It will help to cope with the problem of spraying any fertilizer with the presence of phosphorus. Only it is necessary to plant it twice more water, than it is specified on packing not to burn leaves.
- Lack of potassium leads to brown spots on the edges of the leaves, like burns. You can use root or foliar feeding. In the first case, even the banana peel, which can be dug into the ground or any other substance with potassium, will help. In the second case, the plant is sprayed with a solution of potassium sulphide. On 1 tsp. substances taken 10 liters of water.
- The stripes of leaves mean that the plant is low in calcium, its solution and sprayed sprout.
- Too many leaves are only when there is little magnesium in the ground - spraying with a weak solution of manganese can solve the problem.
Fertilization of eggplant seedlings by spraying is carried out early in the morning or in the evening, when there is no sun or when it is dimly shining. Since the droplets on the leaves can start to burn out, leaving unpleasant spots for both the plant and the gardener. In some cases, such spots can lead to wilting of the sprout.We recommend reading our other articles.
- Planting gooseberry
- Top dressing with bees syrup
- Cabbage for the winter in banks
- How to make a vaccine in the spring peach