Honey made from clover pollen is called clover. He is known to people from ancient times. And although it is considered very valuable, today it is found less and less on the shelves of stores. Clover honey is the highest quality variety. It is distinguished by a delightful aroma and taste, as well as a mass of healthy qualities.
What is clover honey
Clover honey is a product created by bees based on pollen collected from clover. In nature, there are more than 300 species of clover. Bees collect pink, red and white clover pollen. At the same time, it is exactly the pink and white appearance they have in priority. Of course, in small quantities in this honey there are impurities of other herbs, because you can not get the bees to collect honey exclusively from clover or other plants.
Bees collect pink, red and white clover pollenInteresting! In some countries, there are whole clover plantations. By releasing bees on them, beekeepers get a high-quality, expensive product.
The characteristics of clover honey are presented below.
- Clover honey has a light color, a slight amber shade may be noticeable. It is not clouded, transparent, crystallizes within 2 months. After being sugared, it acquires a light cream color.
- The smell is very pleasant, floral, but not strong.
- The texture of this honey is viscous, viscous, and after crystallization - granular.
- The taste is pleasant, caramel, tender, a bit like an iris. In taste there is no bitterness and astringency, sweetness is present in moderation. The finish of this variety is fruity.
The composition of clover honeyRead also these articles.
- The best early tomato varieties with a description and photo
- Breed description Toulouse geese
- Pietrain breed pigs
- Astilbe flower
The composition of clover honey depends on weather conditions, varieties of clover and some other factors. In addition, the quality is also influenced by the amount of pollen from other flower cultures in honey. As part of clover honey are:
The composition of clover honey
- fructose, sucrose, dextrose, malt sugar, melicitosis;
- proteins (easily digestible);
- essential oils;
- vitamins of group B, C, E, K;
- magnesium, potassium, iodine, calcium, sodium;
- tannic acids;
100 g of the product contains 310 calories.
Natural clover honey is a very nutritious product. Its main quality is excellent taste. This sort of honey has long been considered healing, but what exactly are its beneficial properties?
- Honey has antibacterial, healing qualities. This is a natural antibiotic. It is used to treat wounds, burns, bruises.
- Normalizes the cardiovascular system. Strengthens the heart. Can be used to reduce pressure.
- Stabilizes and improves the gastrointestinal tract, liver.
- Treats cough. Promotes rapid treatment of diseases of the throat, bronchi, and lungs. It is often used for the elimination of respiratory diseases as well.
Clover honey has long been considered healing
- It is used in the recovery period, after operations, serious diseases, to increase the strength and energy supply of the body.
- Rejuvenates the skin. Antioxidants in the composition of clover honey rejuvenate cells, smooth wrinkles, improve skin color.
- Clover honey due to the abundance of nutrients, it is recommended in small quantities for people with diabetes. It is better than other varieties of honey absorbed by the body. But the rate of this product is important to find out from your doctor, otherwise the honey can harm.
- The product has a good effect on the nervous system, helps with depression, insomnia, neurosis, nervous exhaustion.
- Improves blood clotting.
- Helps restore the body's water-salt balance.
The use of clover honeyWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Variety of pears Skorospelka from Michurinsk
- Tomato juice recipes for winter
- Varieties of winter wheat
- Alpine goats
Clover honey is used in cooking, cosmetology, and medicine. With regular use of clover honey, you can notice a significant improvement in overall well-being. Approximately 30 g of the product per day can strengthen the immune system, provide the body with essential nutrients, and contribute to resisting many chronic ailments.
Clover honey is used in cooking, cosmetology, medicine.
Clover honey is often prescribed to treat many diseases. However, in order to be effective, you need to know about some of its properties.
- During heat treatment, most of the useful substances of honey are destroyed.
- It goes well with bread, fruit.
- It is pleasant to taste, so it is best to eat it fresh, with no additional ingredients.
Harm and contraindications
Natural clover honey, like any other, can be harmful in some cases. So, what are his contraindications?
- Allergy sufferers are contraindicated.
- People with diabetes can use honey only in strictly limited quantities prescribed by a doctor, because there are a lot of sugar in the composition!
Children under 3 years old cannot eat honey so that they do not have an allergy.
- Children under 3 years old cannot eat this honey so that they do not have an allergy.
- It is not recommended to eat honey from clover for people with individual intolerance to the product.
- It is necessary to use it in moderation for people who are on diets, because this product has a lot of calories.
- With increased blood clotting, regular consumption of clover honey can be harmful.
How to store clover honey
Clover honey is not cheap, so after purchasing it, you need to properly store it. It is best to pour it into a glass container without odors and close the high-quality pressure-tight lid. The storage temperature of honey is about +10 degrees Celsius. It is necessary to store this honey for no more than 1 year, then it begins to lose its beneficial properties and change its taste.Important! If the room where honey is stored, high humidity, it can start to wander!
When choosing honey on the market, you should give preference to the product that is sold in glass containers. Clover honey should be normal, light in color, thick, viscous. If honey is clear and liquid, then most likely it is a pasteurized product, in which there is practically no benefit.