There is a lot of a variety of drugs for the treatment of plants from diseases. Bordeaux liquid - a potent remedy for many diseases. It is known to farmers for many years, and is in high demand. About its features, methods of use will be discussed in this article.
What is Bordeaux liquid
Bordeaux mixture is an effective fungicide used to protect crops. It allows plants to cope with fungal, bacterial ailments. Consists of blue vitriol and lime. Before use, it must be diluted with water.Interesting! Bordeaux liquid is used for the prevention of illnesses and for their treatment.
Bordeaux liquid is used for the prevention of diseases and for their treatment.
When using this tool culture get protection from fungi and bacteria. Copper sulfate - one of the main components of Bordeaux mixture, is the strongest poison. Lime is its neutralizer. Together, they contribute to the destruction of dangerous microorganisms, but the crops do not harm.
Application in gardening and horticultureRead also these articles.
- Planting carrots in the winter
- Why do not bloom violets
- The best varieties of columnar cherries
- Breed Ural geese
Use Bordeaux liquid can be used to combat ailments of different nature. In gardening and horticulture, this fungicide is used in the spring or in the winter in several cases.
- Treatment of stone fruit plants for the prevention of rot and bacterial diseases.
- Spraying of seed trees from favus, fruit rot, blotches, bacterial necrosis.
- Treatment and protection from diseases on ornamental and fruit-berry bushes.
- Strong is this drug and to combat illnesses in conifers.
Treatment of seed trees from favus, fruit rot, blotches, bacterial necrosis
- Winegrowers often buy Bordeaux liquid to treat ash and black rot on grapes.
- In gardening, this tool is also very popular. They are treated with tomatoes and potatoes for phytophthora, beetroot for rust and tsarkosporoza, and onions for rot.
The advantages and disadvantages of the drug
Bordeaux liquid has a lot of positive qualities.
- High efficiency against the most common diseases in garden, garden and ornamental crops.
- Long validity period. After using Bordeaux preventive fluids, it protects the plants for a whole month.
- Thanks to the copper sulphate in the composition of the product, the plants are saturated with copper during processing.
Bordeaux fluid reliably rests on the leaflets, so re-infection is excluded
- The tool is securely held on the leaves and sprigs of plants, so that re-infection of the disease is excluded.
- The drug is inexpensive, common.
Although Bordeaux mixture is demanded by gardeners, it has a number of disadvantages, which are important to know before use.
- Bordeaux liquid may, if improperly applied, be harmful to human health. So the instructions for use must be studied without fail!
- If you put it in too much, it can burn the culture.
- The solution is made according to a specific scheme.
How to prepare a solutionWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Breed of bees Bakfast
- Korean cucumbers for the winter
- Crop varieties of cucumbers
- How to feed strawberries in autumn
Bordeaux liquid is sold in packages, where there are copper sulfate and lime in different bags. To make the working solution, these ingredients interfere with clean water at the correct concentrations. In gardening and horticulture a solution of 1% and 3% is popular. How to dilute the drug is described below.
To make a solution of 1%, it is necessary to pour 100 g of copper sulphate with a liter of warm water. In a separate container (non-metal), 150 g of lime should be dissolved in a liter of water. Now the solution of copper sulphate is poured into the tank with lime and stirred. It remains only to bring the resulting mass to 5 liters (by adding plain water).
To make the working solution, the ingredients interfere with clean water in the right proportions.Important! Before pouring the solution into the sprayer, it is recommended to filter it, because lime components may precipitate.
Such a solution is made in exactly the same way as 1%, only the concentration of substances is needed different. 300 g of copper sulfate must be dissolved in 1.5 liters of water, and 350 g of lime diluted in 2.5 liters of water in another container. Now the liquids interfere and add cold water so that the final volume of the solution is 5 l.
Instructions for use Bordeaux liquid
Gardeners and gardeners note the high effectiveness of the Bordeaux mixture. But, so that the tool helps and does not harm, it is necessary to use it clearly according to the instructions.
- For trees. 3% solution is used in March-April, before the kidneys swell or before winter, for the treatment of stone or pome plants. During the active growth of cultures taken 1% of the drug. Up to 10 liters of working fluid are taken per adult tree, and up to 2 liters per young tree.
- For grapes, Bordeaux mixture is used primarily until the buds swell, that is, in early spring. At this time, the vineyard is sprayed from spotting and rot, consuming 10 square meters. about 1.5 l of 3% solution. In late spring, summer and early autumn, you should not use this compound, because it slows down the development of bushes and reduces the quality of the crop. Only 1% solution is suitable at this time and that, in case there were symptoms of the disease. The number of sprays - 1-2 times / season.
If, after spring processing of the grapes, there are still signs of illness, it is possible to process only 1% solution
- Berry plants will not hurt if they are treated with Bordeaux mixture. But when to process cultures of this type? In early spring and late autumn, you can use a 3% solution, and during active growing season - 1% liquid. The maximum number of treatments - 3 times, from spring to late autumn.
- For vegetable plants usually dilute 1% solution of the drug. It is suitable for spraying crops in unprotected soil and greenhouses. Consumption means - 2 l / 10 square meters. plot. For the year is not more than 4 sprays. Suitable drug for root crops, melons, solanaceous crops.
- Flower plants can be protected from decay and rust by spring processing until the buds swell. Flowers and other ornamental cultures are treated with 1% solution.
Applying the Bordeaux liquid according to the norms, you can cure plants or prevent the occurrence of the disease.
Bordeaux liquid must be used properly, otherwise crops can be harmed.
- When using Bordeaux liquids, goggles, gloves and a respirator should be worn.
- Bordeaux liquid shows good results when used in spring or autumn. At the same time, it is not possible to use this tool during the ripening of the crop.
- If the agent is applied in large quantities or the dosage has not been observed when diluting the dry mixture with water, burns appear on the leaves of the treated crops, and then they may even die!
- Fruits and vegetables collected from plants that have just been sprayed with Bordeaux liquid are unsuitable for human consumption. You need to remember - fruit trees are processed no later than 15 days before harvesting, vegetables - 20 days, and berries - 25 days. But it is better, of course, during the active growing season (flowering, fruiting) in general plants do not spray this tool.
- If treatment with Bordeaux liquids is carried out very often, copper will begin to accumulate in the ground, which will lead to slower development and lower plant yields.
Analogues Bordeaux fluid
- Do not interfere with Bordeaux mixture with soap or other types of fungicides.
- Processing plants is carried out in calm weather when there is no rain. It is advisable to do this in the early morning or in the evening when the sun is not active.
Bordeaux mixture shelf life under appropriate conditions is practically unlimited. However, you need to keep it in a dry, dark place. It is also important to ensure that pets and children do not have access to the fungicide! As to the finished solution, its effectiveness is maintained throughout the day, no more.
Analogues Bordeaux fluid
Bordeaux liquid, although safe when used properly, is a very toxic gardener. So many novice farmers tend to find similar drugs, but less toxic. These include Kuproksat, Abigo-peak, Hom. They are not inferior in effectiveness to Bordeaux mixture, but they are simpler to use. Also quite good counterparts are Polykh or Oxy. Their main advantage is that they treat plants not only from the outside, but also from the inside.