Currently, good varieties and hybrids of cucumbers is not difficult to find. Breeders create many varieties of this vegetable, improving their taste and cultivation techniques. Cucumber Alligator F1 is a very popular type. The hybrid is suitable for cultivation in open ground and in spring film greenhouses. It is distinguished by a mass of positive qualities, for which it is valued by gardeners in Russia and abroad.
Description of a grade Alligator
Cucumber Alligator is an early ripe hybrid. Crop ripening can be observed for 46-49 days after germination. Bushes indeterminantny, powerful, grow quickly. The root system is well developed, so that the bushes can tolerate drought. The leaves are medium in size and have a nice green color. Scapes small, with a fluff. In the interstices can be tied up to 2 fruits. Flowering occurs 3 weeks after germination. The buds are large, yellow.
Flowering occurs 3 weeks after germination.Interesting! Cucumber Alligator suitable for cultivation in the Central Black Earth, Volga-Vyatka, North-West, Middle Volga, North, North Caucasus regions.
Cucumbers have an elongated, cylindrical shape, can be significantly narrowed in the area of the stalk. The length of Zelentsov is 35-40 cm, weight is 280-310 g. Color is dark green, saturated. On the skin there are visible, rather large tubercles, on which the spines are located. The peel is shiny, thin, not bitter and easily eaten. The pulp is dense, crispy. The seeds are small, long, almost not felt during the meal.
Characteristics of cucumber Alligator F1Read also these articles.
- Variety of cucumbers Meringue F1
- The best varieties of columnar cherries
- Description of a grade eggplant Black handsome
- The best varieties of yellow plum
In gardening cucumber Alligator F1 is in great demand. To understand why this hybrid is so attractive, it is necessary to study its characteristics.
- The hybrid requires pollination by bees, so it is rarely chosen for greenhouse cultivation.
- There is a stable immunity to the present and downy mildew, cucumber mosaic.
- Shrubs are not afraid of short-term and return frost, drought.
- Productivity from a square of landings of 14-16 kg.
Productivity from a square of landings of 14-16 kg
- Fruiting stretched.
- Commercial quality is high, the fruits are suitable for long-term transportation.
- Fruits are appreciated for juiciness, sweetish taste and aroma.
Sowing Alligator Cucumber Seeds
Place for growing crops, you can choose a sunny or partially darkened. The groundwater level should be low and the ground should be fertilized and loose. As a fertilizer, you can take minerals (superphosphate, urea) or organic matter, such as humus, compost, wood ash.
The groundwater level should be low and the ground should be fertilized and loose.
Sowing in open ground or greenhouse seeds, usually carried out in May or June. In the evening, the seeds should be soaked in a weak solution of potassium permanganate. The beds for sowing seeds are dug up, fertilized and watered. The holes are made at a distance of 50 cm and with a row spacing of 50-70 cm. The depth of seeding is 3-4 cm. The seeds germinate in open ground or in a greenhouse at a temperature of + 20 ... +25 degrees.
How to plant cucumber seedlingsWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Sprouting potatoes
- How to plant raspberries in the fall
- Breed of Russian White Chickens
- Growing melons in the open field
Cultivate Alligator can also be grown by the seedling method in order to get an earlier harvest. Sowing seeds for seedlings do in April-May. Seeds are sown in separate pots, because young sprouts cannot stand picks. As far as growing, the seedlings need to be watered in time, to provide sufficient lighting. Feeding can be carried out, but not necessarily. This is usually done so that the seedlings do not outgrow or if there are clear signs of a lack of minerals.
Transplantation of seedlings in open ground falls on May-June
Transplantation of seedlings in open ground falls on May-June, when the weather is warm. In order to start the seedlings faster, it’s best to start hardening in 1-2 weeks. By the time of transplanting into the ground, there should be 2-3 true leaves on the sprouts. The distance between the seedlings is observed in the 50-70 cm, so that the cucumbers will have how to grow and develop.Important! Alligator cucumbers consume a lot of nutrients from the ground, so it is recommended to feed the crop as it grows and to fertilize the soil in autumn after growing this hybrid.
Caring for cucumbers Alligator
The hybrid differs in unpretentiousness and can be grown up even in adverse conditions.
- Cucumber Alligator can be grown on a trellis or just let it trail on the ground. But in the case of trellis growing, the supports are made immediately after planting the seedlings, because the culture is developing rapidly.
- Watering is carried out every 2-3 days, and during droughts, in summer, you can make water under the root daily. Carry out this procedure in the early morning or in the evening, when the sun is drooping. Water should be warm, preferably separated.
- Weeding is done after each watering or rain, so that the earth is not taken a dense crust. During weeding, it is also necessary to remove all weeds so that the plot is clean.
In the case of trellis growing, supports are made immediately after planting the seedlings.Important! During weeding, you should be careful not to touch the stems or roots of plants.
- Fertilizers are applied 3 times per season. The first feeding is done in 2-3 weeks after germination or planting seedlings. A solution of urea is introduced at this time (15–20 g / 1 l of water) so that plants can increase the green mass. When the first buds appear, superphosphate is sprayed (25-30 g / bucket of water). The third dressing is done when the first cucumbers appear. At this time, you can make a complex NPK.
- Crop normalization is usually not required. Cucumbers Alligator yield a harvest in proportion to their strength, so tearing off very small fruits or ovaries so that most of the crops can fully ripen, it makes no sense.
Diseases and pests on cucumbers
Pests and diseases appear on Alligator bushes, usually with improper care. To strengthen the immunity of cucumbers and the destruction of certain diseases (if they have already appeared), you can use a fungicide such as Trichodermin. A good alternative can be drugs Strobe, Allette, Previkur, Infinito, Home and the like.
Diseases and pests of cucumber AlligatorImportant! Very often, the cause of diseases or pests on cucumbers are weeds growing on the plot.
Cucumber Alligator F1 suffers more from pests than from diseases. Nematode, spider mite, aphid are the most frequent guests of the bushes. When a small amount of pests appear, you can use soapy water to treat it. But if the pests quickly spread through the site, it is worth applying Bordeaux mixture. Of the strong insecticides that can destroy compulsive pests in a short time, you can choose Aktara, Inta-Vir, Aktellik, Antiklesch, Metaldehyde.
Cucumber harvest and processing
Harvesting takes place in July-August. During this time, most of the greens are going. In the fall there are only some of the most resistant bushes that continue to produce some fruit. Gathering cucumbers is carried out as they ripen. Perederzhivat greens on the plant is not worth it, because over time they become more rigid and lose taste.
Use a cucumber Alligator most often just for a fresh meal
Use a cucumber Alligator most often just for a fresh meal. They are good in appetizers, salads. For preservation, salting them can also be taken, but for convenience they are crushed or cut into large slices.
Reviews gardeners on cucumbers varieties Alligator F1
Opinion of gardeners about the Alligator F1 cucumbers presented below.
- Marina Topoleva: "Cucumber Alligator F1 is indispensable for salads, summer snacks of any kind. They are the most delicious fresh, but I did not like the jars. They have a very pleasant aroma, the flesh is incredibly juicy, sweetish. I grow them every year, but the harvest is large not always, perhaps due to a lack of minerals in the ground. It can grow in shaded areas, very hardy. I am completely satisfied with this hybrid - it justifies landing. "
- Andrey Luchinov: "Among all the hybrids of cucumbers that I tried to grow on the plot, I was only subdued by the F1 Alligator. In comparison with other species, it has a lot of qualities that I appreciate, above all, namely: yield, aroma, sweetish taste. These cucumbers never crunchy, crunchy, dark green in color, so that they can be clearly seen among the foliage among the bushes. I recommend both experienced summer residents and beginners to grow them easily. "
- Diana Voinik: "Before, we planted cucumbers only in greenhouses, but now use exclusively open ground for this, and therefore the varieties have changed. One of the most beloved is the Alligator. It is not troublesome to take care, it gives a decent crop, it has a decent taste. the disadvantage is prickly fruits. After ripening, they are covered with small, but visible spikes, which the husband simply wipes with his hands, but my daughter and I have to use a rag for these purposes. Collect greens because of this real trouble, but they are worth the effort! "