Breed of Russian White hens is bred specifically for breeding in Russia and countries with similar climatic conditions. These birds are characterized by good productivity, so they are often found in home gardens. The Russian white breed of chickens is unpretentious in its content and can endure significant cooling effects if it is provided with acceptable conditions of detention.
The history of the breed
Russian white breed refers to the direction of the egg. She was bred in the 30s of the XIX century. To obtain it, Leghorny and local, yard species were crossed. After creation, the breed quickly spread throughout Russia and nearby countries. Bred it not only on farmsteads, but also on large poultry farms. Over time, more profitable crosses and breeds appeared, so today this species is grown mainly in private, small farms.
The bird's plumage is pure white, without spots, stripes and shades.
Description of breed of hens Russian whiteRead also these articles.
- Description of the variety of cabbage Rinda, planting and care in the open field
- How much milk to give a calf
- Geese linda
- How to plant onion sets
Individuals of the Russian white breed have a strong constitution. A hen can grow up to 1.8 kg, and roosters up to 2.5 kg. They are very slender, the body is slightly stretched upwards. Thorax, abdomen wide, fully developed. The legs are yellow, of medium length, without feathers.
The neck is muscular, not long. The head is medium in size, proportional to the body, is located high. Bill is yellow, strong. Caps are white, earrings are scarlet. The sheet-like, red comb of the females hangs to the side, and the roosters stand erect.Important! The Russian white breed has a restless temper. Only after a time when the birds get used to the owners, they begin to behave peacefully.
The bird's plumage is pure white, without spots, stripes and shades. The tail of the roosters is better developed than that of the chickens, it is lush, large, very beautiful, albeit one-colored - white. In females, modest, small tail, but properly developed.
The head is average, the beak is yellow, strong, the lobes are white, the earrings are scarlet, leafy, the red one stands straight
Characteristics of the Russian white breed
The advantages and disadvantages of the Russian White breed are presented in its characteristics.
- Breeding early, already in 5 months, females and males reach sexual maturity. Females at this age begin to actively carry eggs.
- The bird is unpretentious to the conditions of detention and feeding, can be grown in cold regions of Russia.
- Laying a year is able to give 200-245 eggs of high quality. Egg weight on average 55-60 g, the shell is white.
- The hen keeps high productivity during the first 3 years of life, and only at 4 years of life begins to give less eggs.
- Russian white breed of hens differs in the developed immune system. She is very rarely ill.
- The layer is resistant to stress, but at the same time shy.
- Meat has an acceptable taste, but, of course, it’s not enough for broilers. To taste the meat is simple, it can be fresh.
Laying a year is able to give 200-245 eggs of high quality
Features of maintenance and careWe recommend reading our other articles.
- The best varieties of pickles for pickling
- Rabbiwak-B vaccine for rabbits
- Edilbayevsky breed of sheep
- Oryol trotter
Russian white breed differs unpretentiousness, but this does not mean that it does not need care.
- You can keep Russian white rock not only in the hen house, outdoor, but also in cages. Per square meter should be no more than 6 individuals. Ventilation is settled indoors, the temperature within a year must be within + 16 ... +25 degrees Celsius. Dampness, drafts are excluded.
- The litter is made from straw, sawdust or peat. About once every 2 months you need to change it.
- Good lighting is done in the hen house, several light bulbs and windows are put. This will allow in the winter to arrange doshochivaniya to better chickens rushed.
You can keep Russian white rock not only in a hen house, outdoor, but also in cages
- The number of drinkers and feeders is calculated based on the number of chickens and roosters. 10 cm feeders are allocated to one individual. At the same time, only 1 nipple drinker is sufficient for 8 birds.
- To the birds regularly cleaned feathers, you need to put a basin in the henhouse with sand and ash.
- Walking settles on a mandatory basis. It is possible to keep the bird in cages, but they show the highest productivity during regular walks. Walking is always done spacious, so that birds can run, warm up. That's just desirable to put the fence high, because the Russian white chicken is able to soar high.
Since the bird has white plumage, it is often necessary to clean the hen house, otherwise chickens and roosters will quickly smear, will lose decorativeness. Cleaning takes place every 2-3 days so that perches, nests and other surfaces do not have time to get dirty. Feeders and cup drinkers are cleaned every day. Disinfection of the premises is done every six months to reduce the risk of the appearance of parasites and diseases.
Walking settles on a mandatory basis
What and how many times feed chickens
In order for the birds to develop normally, to fly, not to hurt, it is necessary to provide them with good nutrition. Mainly in the diet should be cereals (wheat, barley, crushed maize). It is important to give and legumes in small quantities. Compound feed is a good replacement for grain feed, but it is not beneficial to use it when breeding Russian white breed, because the costs will be too high.
Mixtures give chickens can and should be. They are made from boiled and fresh vegetables, greens, premixes, fodder yeast, bone meal, salt (a small amount). To make food faster and better digested, you need to install next to the feeders bowls with gravel and chopped shell, chalk. Feed consumption per individual in the case of the Russian White breed is 120-145 g / head.
In the morning they always give grain, in the daytime they give mash potatoes, and in the evening they again produce grain. If the bird regularly walks on the street, eating green fodder, the grain is given only in the evening, and in the morning you can feed the mash. In the afternoon, in this case, the birds can not feed at all, they themselves will find food on the range.
In order for the birds to develop normally, to fly and not to hurt, it is necessary to provide them with good nutrition.
Breeding Russian white chickens
For normal breeding on 10 chicks should have 1 cock. It is easiest to breed chicks in an incubator, because the Russian white breed is not distinguished by perseverance. Females can throw a nest, even if they just get hungry.
After birth, chickens are transferred to brooder. There they are kept for several weeks at a temperature of about +28 degrees. Brooder is light, spacious, without drafts, but ventilated. To prevent chickens from getting sick, you need to regularly clean them, monitor their condition, you can add vitamins to the water, but only after consulting a veterinarian.
In terms of feeding you need to follow certain rules. The first few days give only boiled egg (chopped), scalded, chopped nettle, onion feathers, cottage cheese. From about the 5th day you can start giving steamed porridges. From the second week the bird is transferred to the compound feed or they begin to produce grain mixtures, vegetable mash. From 3 weeks, you can add to the food yeast, meat and bone meal, and other products that are also given to adult individuals.
For normal breeding on 10 chicks should have 1 cockImportant! Chickens should always have fresh, clean water!
Reviews about the breed of Russian White chickens
Russian white breed of hens is known to breeders for a long time. Reviews about it are both positive and negative.
- Alexander Sytnik: “For many years the breed was white Russian. Then they switched to imported chickens - Leggorn, Hisex. They are more productive, produce more eggs, although in terms of feeding they can be picky. And yet, despite the peculiarities of the content, the profits from them are greater. What before the Russian white, it’s more for young breeders who are inexperienced to try and understand what’s what, but for professional breeding this is too simple a look. "
- Larisa Zolotarevskaya: “My grandmother also bred Russian white breed chickens. Although the bird does not give very many eggs, but they are much tastier than other breeds. There are no problems in caring with them, they eat everything and in summer the feed consumption is generally minimal, if you walk them We breed our birds in an incubator, let old individuals be slaughtered, but the chickens are kept for at least 3 years - they are very good all the time rushing. "
- Andrey Lesov: "The Russian white breed is ideal for those who have never bred poultry. The breed is simple but beautiful, the productivity is high. My wife and I started with it. Thanks to this species, we realized how profitable this business was and then started to move to more difficult breeding crosses. The main advantage of this bird is unpretentiousness. Even in a small hen house they feel good. And still, I recommend everyone to equip their paddock. I noticed from my experience that females run best if they walk regularly. "