Summer apple varieties bear fruit quite early. Apples they usually give sweet, for use fresh, but they can also be used for processing, drying, freezing. But for prolonged storage, they are not suitable. Better summer varieties of apple trees with a description and photos and their features are described in this article.
The best summer varieties of apple trees
The most popular are those varieties that have strong immunity, high yield and good taste. Description of the best varieties of apple trees are presented below.
The best summer varieties of apple trees
- "Williams Pride" - This is a famous, American type of apples with beautiful fruits. Growing actively. Fruits 150-180 g, rounded, rich cherry color, almost maroon. The flesh is cherry, sweet. The crop ripens in several batches. The tree is not afraid of frost, there is immunity to scab and powdery mildew.
- "White filling" - Early Baltic type of culture. The tree grows medium in height. Korna wide, oval. The first crop gives from 4 years after planting. The yield is abundant, but irregular - large yields are observed every 2 years. In order for the tree to produce large yields, it is necessary to plant a pollinator variety, for example, Antonovka, next to it. Fruits grow to 150-200 g approximately. The pulp is sugary, granular, white color. The skin is lime. Winter hardiness is high. The tree can partly resist scab and powdery mildew.
- "Orlov" - early variety. Culture medium height with a spherical crown. The first fruits can be tried by 3-4 year. Apples are yellow with a scarlet side of 150 g. Apples grow very fragrant, the taste is sugar, they have a lot of juice. Use is universal, but most often these fruits are eaten fresh or used to make desserts. Productivity varieties high, there is immunity to scab.
Colony summer varieties of apple treesRead also these articles.
- Tersk horse breed
- Rex Rabbits
- How to get rid of dandelions
- Description of the variety cabbage Glory
The best columnar apple varieties are convenient because they do not take up much space on the site. They are inferior in yield to simple varieties, at the same time they can be planted more densely.
Colony summer varieties of apple trees
- "Dialogue" - A new variety of columnar apple. The tree grows up to 2.5 m. The fruits of 85 g on average, flattened with a weak ribbing. The peel is bright yellow with a pronounced sheen. The flesh is fine-grained, white, there is a lot of juice in it, dense. After collecting the fruits, it is advisable to lie down for 3-5 days, then they will become more tasty.
- "Maluha" - low-growing plant. The tree grows up to 1.8 meters. The first crop is harvested at 1-2 year after planting. Fruits grow at 100 g on average, the shape of the apples is truncated-conical, they are evenly placed on the tree. The rind is yellowish, dense. The flesh is sweet, fine-grained. Frost resistance is high.
- Medoc - dessert view of apples. Culture up to 3 meters high. The krone does not take up much space, the tree is compact. Apples of 100-200 g each, rounded, pale yellow in color, on the sunny side there should be a crimson blush. The flesh is light, with a high content of juice. Winter hardiness as for a kolonovidny grade, good. After harvest, the harvest may lie 3-4 weeks. There is immunity to diseases and insects.
Apple trees for Moscow region
The varieties of apple trees for central Russia are well tolerated by the winter cold and summer heat. There are many such varieties. Below are the most popular and profitable species for growing.
Apple trees for Moscow region
- "July Chernenko" - A good variety for the Moscow region, suitable for cultivation in the southern regions. Trees grow to 5 meters. Fruits 150 g, but often grow more. The skin is glossy, shiny, attractive appearance. Color green, with scarlet strokes. Pulp crunches when biting, it is very sweet, fragrant. The main disadvantage is low resistance to fungal diseases. In addition, this variety is often affected by pests.
- "Airlie Geneva" - An early type of American selection. Recommended for central Russia. Fruits 140-150 g on average. The peel is light green with a crimson blush all over the peel. The flesh is light, almost white. The taste is sweet and sour. The grade differs in regular productivity. Crop can be transported over long distances, but at the same time, this tree has a weak immunity. Scab, powdery mildew, and bacterial burn often affect culture.
- "Pear early" - an early view for the Moscow region. The tree grows high, the crown spreading. Fruits of 90-100 g on average. Color of lemon peel with pale crimson stripes. The taste is sugar, but the acid is palpable. Variety resistant to frost. Immunity is not bad, but the tree is afraid of scab.
Summer apple varieties for Siberia and the UralsWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Platicodone Flower
- Bee pollen
- The best raspberry varieties for central Russia
- Description melon varieties Ethiopka
Few summer varieties of apple trees can be cultivated in the cold climate of Siberia or the Urals. But as summer species ripen early, apples have time to ripen before the cold. When choosing a tree for these areas, you need to choose those varieties that endure frosts.
Summer apple varieties for Siberia and the Urals
- "Kvinti" - Canadian type of culture, ripening in the third decade of July. The fruits are round, without ribs, 140 g each, but there are more. The skin is light green with a purple, blurred blush. Tastes - 4.5 points out of 5 possible. Apples are sweet-sour with a rich aroma. After ripening, the flesh is hard, but if you let the harvested crop lie down for 2-3 days, it will become very juicy.
- "Alenushka" - half bonsai. Crohn saggy, not very thick, but a lot of leaves. The first fruits can be tried for 3-4 year. Apples grow small, but tasty. The rind is pink-red. The flesh is fine-grained, with a high content of juice. Apple flavor. The tree is not afraid of frost, but is often affected by scab.
- "Minusinsk red" - slow growing culture. Crown sprawling. The apples are small, the color is almost yellow-red with visible bloom. The taste is sugar, very delicate, with a high content of juice. The aroma is strong. After full ripening, apples do not fall off the branches. Lying harvest can be up to 21 days, no more.
Reviews of summer varieties of apple trees
Gardeners and gardeners love summer apple varieties for early ripening, good yield and pleasant taste. It is profitable to grow them for sale and personal needs.
- Mikhail Anosov: I cultivate summer apple varieties in my garden for sale. Bely poured, Modi and Quinti grow on my plot. They produce great harvests, fruits with a rich taste. The only problem is to tear them in time so that during transportation the apples didn’t knead. The summer skin’s skins are quite tender, like the flesh, so they are small. Because of this, I collect a little unripe fruit for sale, they just make it during transportation. "
- Elena Chulkova: “I have been growing the Airlie Geneva variety for 5 years. The tree is very beautiful, powerful, it gives a lot of fruits. Apples are mostly for processing. They have excellent taste in jam, jam, compotes. Fresh fruits are also tasty, but since there is a lot of harvest , it’s impossible to eat everything. Caring for a crop is not difficult, but you need to feed it regularly, otherwise the tree will gradually reduce yields. "
- Valentin Gapkalov: "Williams Pride and Early Beer Trees grow trees in my garden. They produce a lot of crops, but they also require high-quality care. So, for example, regular fertilizers and pruning can not be done. The harvest goes on sale and for personal needs. Wife from apples make jam, jam, some of the crop dries or freezes. The fruits are versatile, tasty, so I can safely recommend these varieties for growing. "