Flowers need regular care. Properly selected and planned irrigations provide the plant with necessary nutrition and allow it to fully develop. But how to water the flowers so that they do not suffer from abundance or lack of moisture? In this article you can find the answer to this and many other questions about watering flowers.
How often to water indoor plants
Many growers are wondering - how to water indoor flowers? It is quite difficult to answer this question, because many factors affect the frequency of irrigation and their abundance.
- Type of plant. Many crops, such as palm trees, require quite frequent watering, but there are crops that consume little water. For a cactus, one watering per month can be enough, and for a ficus, one watering per three days is needed.
- The temperature in the room. If you often water the plant at low temperatures in the room, for example, in winter, a variety of fungal diseases can begin to develop. At the same time, the warmer in the room, the faster the metabolic processes take place and therefore watering will be much more frequent.
- Humidity in the room is also of great importance. The drier the air, the more water the plant takes from the ground, so watering is often carried out. If the air is humid, the plant receives moisture from the ground, and less air flows from the air and the flow is reduced - watering is reduced.
As the plant signals a shortage or excess of waterInteresting! In ceramic pots the substrate always dries faster than in glass or plastic containers!
- The brighter the light, the more active the process of photosynthesis, and the more water the flower consumes. If there is little light, then watering is less frequent.
- Dense earth can lead to stagnation of water, and therefore reduce watering. A sandy soil quickly passes water, so that watering is carried out often.
- The volume of the pot. If the pot is used small and the root system is extensive, the moisture evaporates quickly. For this reason, you need to use a pot of the correct volume.
- Season. If the period of active growth comes in the warm season, then in winter it is necessary to water the culture as rarely as possible - this is the period of rest. If the active development of culture occurs in winter, then watering is reduced in summer or spring.
As can be seen, irrigation rates are a purely individual indicator. In one apartment, violets and a palm tree will need to be watered at different frequencies, because the conditions for their cultivation may be completely different!
What water to useRead also these articles.
- How to water grapes
- Governor's Geese
- What can and should not be given to turkeys
- Strawberry Festival
Water the indoor flowers need such water that does not harm them.
The water temperature should be + 22 ... +24 degrees
- The water temperature should be + 22 ... +24 degrees. If the water is cold, the leaves will fall off.
- Ideally, the water for irrigation is taken rain or thawed. Tap water is very hard. To use it without harm, you must first defend it, but do not cover the container with water with a lid! Then the chlorine will disappear and the water will become suitable for use.
- In some cases, water should be fertilized, then it will be more beneficial. Any fertilizers are used strictly according to the instructions, so that the liquid is nutritious and not harmful to crops.
How to water indoor flowers
There are several rules that must be followed to ensure that watering is of high quality.
- Before watering, the condition of the land is checked. If it is wet, then watering is not required.
- It is better to pour a little less water than more. It is easy to fill the lack of moisture, but the surplus cannot be removed, so it is important to follow the measure.
- Depending on the type of plant, it may like a lot or little water. Before you water the flowers, you need to study their specific features.
- The microclimate of the room where the flower stands directly affects the abundance and frequency of watering - this must be taken into account!
At the bottom of the flower pot there should be several holes for water drainage.Important! At the bottom of the pot with a flower should be several holes for drainage.
Watering plants can be three main methods.
- Watering the pot is a standard method. It is desirable to pour water at the edge of the walls so that it does not fall on the leaves and the point of growth of the culture. This is especially important if there are fertilizers in the water.
- Top watering is done by sprinkling. The plant is watered from a watering can or soul. It is important to ensure that the water jets are thin, the pressure is weak, otherwise the ground will be leached. This method is usually not used in winter because the temperature in the room is lowered and the plant can get sick.
- Watering in the pan is used for those plants that are sensitive to moisture. In this case, you need to pour water directly into the pan. Through the holes in the pot, the ground will absorb moisture, and the indoor flowers will receive the necessary nutrition.
The abundance of irrigationWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Bee pollen
- How to plant radishes in the greenhouse and open ground
- The best varieties of watermelons
- Incubation guinea fowl
So, how many times watering flowers depends on many factors, so in each individual case, the rules will be different. But it is also important to know how much water to pour in so as not to overwet the soil.
- Limited watering is carried out no more than once every 2 weeks. In this case, the ground in the pot should dry on 2/3. Check it with a simple wooden stick. Watering is carried out with a small amount of water so that it does not spill into the pan.
Abundant watering is carried out for such plants that naturally grow in marshland.Important! Restricted watering is suitable for many species of cacti, succulents, dragon, bulbous plants.
- Moderate watering is needed about 2 times a week, when the top layer of the earth dries up to 1.5 cm on average. The plant in this case is filled with water so that the earth is completely moistened and the earth crust disappears. Water in the pan should not be drained in large quantities! Such irrigation is suitable for such plants as begonia, clivia, geranium, arrowroot, gloxinia, fittonia, fleshy ivy.
- Abundant watering is carried out for such plants that naturally grow in marshland. First you need to wait until the earth is dry, then the plant is watered until the water begins to fill the pan. After that, you must wait until the excess water comes out of the hole in the pot and then the liquid from the pan is drained. Spend such watering every day.
How to water the flowers with hydrogen peroxide
How to water the flowers with hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is often used by professional growers. It is in a 1% solution of hydrogen peroxide that it is recommended to soak the seeds in order to destroy the inhibitors that prevent germination.
Often used hydrogen peroxide and for watering room flowers. To do this, once every 3-4 days, water the plants with a 3% solution for 1.5-2 weeks. In this case, the plants are disinfected, as well as the earth and less likely to get sick.
How to water the flowers with potassium permanganate
Potassium permanganate is useful because it contains an abundance of manganese and potassium. Under the action of manganese, microorganisms in the soil increase their action. So watering with potassium permanganate is very useful for flowers, but if you water the indoor flowers with this solution too often, it can be harmful for the plants.
How to water the flowers with potassium permanganateImportant! Potassium permanganate acidifies the earth, so you need to know how to water the flowers with potassium permanganate, so as not to harm the crops.
It is best to use a solution of potassium permanganate for irrigating those plants that love sour soil (begonia, tsiperus, tradescantia, fern, etc.). Not bad for making potassium permanganate primroses and violets also react. Watering is carried out with a weak solution with a frequency of 1 time per week for a month. In winter, manganese is not recommended.
How to water the flowers with tea
How to water the flowers with tea
Watering flowers with tea is possible for flower growers who do not like chemical dressing. Natural tea for plants is very useful, but it is important that it does not contain flavors, and sugar should not be in it. It should be borne in mind that this drink makes the soil sour! Water the flowers you need tea 4-7 times a month at approximately the same intervals.
It is possible to make tea brewing into the ground, but it is interfered with the top layer of soil, and in addition it is brought in small quantities. If there is a lot of tea leaves, the midges will start to build up in the ground.
How to water flowers with banana infusion
The infusion of banana peel allows you to improve the quality of the earth, to enrich it with potassium. To do this, cut the banana peel, dry it and cover with water. For 3 liters of water enough skins of one banana. Fluid should be infused for 1-3 days. Then the solution is decanted and used for irrigation.
How to water flowers with banana infusionInteresting! If there is no time for making the infusion, you can burn the banana peel and use the ashes to feed the plants simply by sprinkling it on the ground. Or drop 1-2 small pieces of peel into a pot. As they rot, they will release nutrients into the soil.
Watering banana infusion need plants during flowering or before, but not in winter. It is important to make a small amount of liquid under the root. More than once every 3 days, this infusion is not used!
How to water the flowers of succinic acid
Amber acid tablets in the room flowers watered to enhance growth. After using this fertilizer, plants not only grow faster, but also are much better able to resist diseases and pests.Important! Plants are watered only with a fresh solution of succinic acid. It is not possible to prepare this tool for future use or to put residues in storage, because the prepared mixture quickly loses its use.
The solution is made of 1-2 grams of succinic acid and a liter of water. Succinic acid is produced in tablets and they dissolve poorly, so it is advisable to crush them first, and then mix them with water.
It is necessary to use succinic acid tablets not more often than once a month, because the product is very strong. Through this solution, you can significantly improve the condition of any culture and even restore a flower that has suffered severe stress or illness.